Our agency (CH Agency) is recruiting Sr. Conversion Copywriters to join our team full-time in Edmonton, Alberta. A relocation package is available.
We are the premier conversion copywriting agency specializing in B2B SaaS copywriting for websites and emails, with interesting clients in consumer spaces, like sports, entertainment and e-commerce.
Your job will be largely developing messaging strategies for email, web and ads and executing on those, with a team of copywriters and researchers to assist you. Day-to-day activities include:
- Ad hoc training, from the copy chief and copy director, on copy techniques and practices you should use
- Reviewing raw survey data to find sticky voice-of-customer language
- Conducting review and forum mining to find messages
- Workshopping copy with the team
- Creating spit-drafts, outlines or SFDs for review and approval
- Turning second drafts into wireframes
- Editing copy for clarity, voice, specificity, believability and just plain awesomeness
- Presenting copy-in-wires to the team
- Helping out on client calls, where necessary
- Updating the project manager on your progress
You will learn to lean heavily on the science of copywriting – including research, frameworks and formulas – while also bringing an artfulness to your copy.
To succeed in this position, you should:
- Geek out on growth and copywriting – this is something you love not just something you do
- Have 2 to 3 years’ experience in hands-on copywriting (not content creation)
- Have a degree or diploma in English, Marketing, Psychology or Journalism
- Refuse to miss deadlines, have the world’s thickest skin and be ready to kill your darlings
- Be tech-savvy – there’s no romance in owning a typewriter
- Get digital marketing, social media, email marketing, mobile, UX, SEO and CRO
- Have an eye for information design
- Craft good arguments using rhetorical devices, persuasive techniques and an always-growing understanding of human decision-making
- Write very well
- Always be learning
- Hit the ground running
We are always interested in hiring great candidates for this role.
TO APPLY: Email your resume, cover letter and samples