Use the fantastic Skyscraper Method by Brian Dean to dig deep on what’s been or being said about the topic of your choosing.
Or, to avoid wasting time guessing what we wanna publish, choose one of these topics, which we’re interested in sharing on our blog:
- How you launched, grew or shut down your business
- Writing blog posts that get freelancers hired
- Advanced techniques for freelance copywriters: negotiation, closing clients, networking
- Virality and how you write blog posts that get shared wildly <– obvz your post will flunk if it doesn’t get shared wildly, so
- Persuasion, psychology and decision-making <– either have split-tests, lab experiments or a grad degree in psych to support the idea that YOU should tell this story
- Freelancing for lifestyle
- Freelancing for money
- Conversion copywriting
- A/B testing
- UX vs UI vs copy
- Product design
- Identifying flaws in X
- The startup lifestyle, starting your own business, startups vs small bizzes vs big bizzes
- Google Analytics and other online biz tools that are mysteries to most people
- Exhaustive insights into CTAs
- Exhaustive insights into headlines
- Exhaustive insights into form design
- The business need for things that don’t seem to have a clear business need (e.g., content strategy, online chat)
- Product marketing and growth hacking (i.e., actual growth hacks, not just social networking or something)
- Things word geeks love: grammar, handwriting, hacks, lessons from authors, lessons from fiction writing
- Direct response in today’s marketing landscape
- Social media for data geeks and startup marketers (i.e., where everything needs to be measurable)
- Email open rates
- Email testing
- Email subject lines
- Adwords vs Facebook ads vs retargeting
- Landing page copywriting
- Reducing churn
- Converting free / trial users to paid users
IF YOUR POST IS NOT WELL-RESEARCHED, we won’t publish it.
IF YOUR POST IS FEWER THAN 2000 WORDS, we won’t publish it unless it’s extremely wonderfully amazingly readable reading.
IF YOUR POST IS BORING AS SHIT, we won’t publish it. No listicles and no roundup posts. No voiceless wonders. No long-winded bores.
IF YOUR POST DOES NOT FEATURE YOUR FIRST-PERSON STORY OR ACCOUNT, we won’t publish it. Quick tip: write your headline in the first person.
IF YOUR POST IS >50% YOUR OPINION, we won’t publish it.
IF YOUR HEADLINE SUCKS – WHICH 99% DO – we won’t publish it.
We reserve the right to add to the above list.