Our agency (CH Agency) is recruiting copywriters to join our team full-time in Edmonton, Alberta.
We are the premier conversion copywriting agency specializing in B2B SaaS copywriting for websites and emails, but also with interesting clients in consumer spaces, like sports, entertainment and ecommerce.
Your job will be largely copywriting (85% of the role) but also stretch assignments (15%). Day-to-day activities include:
- Ad hoc training, from the copy chief, on copy techniques and practices you should use
- Creating surveys to find voice-of-customer data
- Conducting review and forum mining to find messages
- Synthesizing voice-of-customer data into messaging recommendations
- Workshopping copy with other copywriters and the copy chief
- Creating spit-drafts, outlines or SFDs for review and approval
- Turning second drafts into wireframes
- Editing copy for clarity, voice, specificity, believability and just plain awesomeness
- Presenting copy-in-wires to the team
- Helping out on client calls, where necessary
- Updating the project manager on your progress
You will learn to lean heavily on the science of copywriting – including research, frameworks and formulas – while also bringing an artfulness to your copy.
To succeed in this position, you should:
- Geek out on growth and copywriting – this is something you love not just something you do
- Have 2 to 3 years’ experience in hands-on copywriting (not content creation)
- Have a degree or diploma in English, Marketing, Psychology or Journalism
- Refuse to miss deadlines, have the world’s thickest skin and be ready to kill your darlings
- Be tech savvy – there’s no romance in owning a typewriter
- Be comfortable with online marketing, including social media, email marketing, mobile, UX, SEO and CRO
- Have an eye for information design, including messaging hierarchies, and training / experience in wireframing
- Craft good arguments using rhetorical devices, persuasive techniques and an always-growing understanding of human decision-making
- Write very well
- Work fast + well in small teams and on your own
Hours: At least 35 per week
Salary: $70,000 CAD
Vacation: Three weeks
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Position will close when filled.