Our agency (CH Agency) is recruiting a Junior Conversion Copywriter to join our team full-time in Edmonton, Alberta.
We are the premier conversion copywriting agency specializing in B2B SaaS copywriting for websites and emails, but also with interesting clients in consumer spaces, like sports, entertainment and e-commerce.
Your job will be largely copywriting (85% of the role) but also stretch assignments (15%). Day-to-day activities include:
- Ad hoc training, from the copy chief, on copy techniques and practices you should use
- Using research, provided by our research team, to draft copy
- Workshopping copy with other copywriters and the copy chief
- Creating spit-drafts, outlines or SFDs for review and approval
- Finalizing copy
- Editing copy for clarity, voice, specificity, believability and just plain awesomeness
- Updating the project manager on your progress
You are newer to conversion copywriting. In our team, you will learn to lean heavily on the science of copywriting – including research, frameworks and formulas – while also bringing an artfulness to your copy. You are not being hired to write; you are being hired to convince.
To succeed in this position, you should:
- Have an active interest in digital marketing and copywriting
- Have at least 1 year of experience in hands-on copywriting
- Have a degree or diploma in English, Marketing, Psychology or Journalism
- Accept criticism well, and always be critical
- Be tech-savvy and comfortable with online marketing, social media, email marketing, mobile, UX, SEO and CRO
- Have an eye for information design so you can be trained in wireframing
- Craft good arguments using rhetorical devices, persuasive techniques and an always-growing understanding of human decision-making
- Write convincingly – you did well on Debate Club
- Work fast with others and on your own
We are always interested in hiring great candidates for this role.
TO APPLY: Email your resume, cover letter and samples