Every role is a critical role – but this one’s a doozy: Head of Content… for a content company. Copyhackers is all about free and paid high-quality (as in, insanely good) content. We create it, we promote it and then we promote it some more. And when you join us as our new Head of Content, you’ll work with a team of enthusiastic, driven folks to create and share consistently badass content across our site, with our partners and on social media.
The primary responsibility here is for you to manage our blog, which gets 1M+ reads a month and which is consistently at the top of digital marketing lists. Here’s what you’ll do in this capacity:
- Write 1 well-researched, easy-reading blog post each month
- Work directly with guest bloggers, who pitch us, to get their posts in publish-ready shape
- Produce at least 2 new blog posts, in addition to yours, each month
- Line up and work with peer reviewers to get each post reviewed by a third-party
- Write the first draft of the email to promote the new blog post
- Follow up / Continue working with high-performing guest bloggers
- Work directly in Ahrefs and coordinate with our SEO consultant to identify opportunities to rank better
- Update blog posts to keep them relevant
- Set standards for our blog, and document guidelines for writers
- Measure, track and report (monthly) visitor growth, engagement, etc
- Always be optimizing
Outside of heading up our blog, you’ll also work with our social media team, copywriters and Head of Growth to make sure we’re always communicating in a consistent voice, with the appropriate tone for the piece. You’re the all-seeing eye of Copyhackers’s content, so you wouldn’t dream of letting something hit the interwebs without you first giving it two enthusiastic thumbs-up. Naturally, this doesn’t mean you bottleneck progress — you work fast, so we can publish and promote fast.
And naturally you’ll be involved in the paid side of content creation, too. This could include working with our team members and external experts to develop curricula for courses; interviewing them to develop scripts; reviewing and improving their slide decks; and otherwise ensuring that the content you’re involved with makes everyone who consumes it richer and happier for having done so. (By “richer” we don’t mean, like, richer. Well maybe. But we mostly mean “better off for it.”) Of particular interest will be the production of our new program The Practice.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- 2 to 4 years’ experience writing articles, particularly journalist-quality articles (not just listicles)
- A hit-the-ground-running, can-do attitude
- Hustle, complete with outstanding time management skills and a finely tuned ability to self manage
- Just plain outstanding attention to detail — you saw an extra space earlier in this job posting, and you were like, “C’mon! You’re supposed to care about writing, Copyhackers! That’s just sloppy!” (we do care – and now we want you to join us)
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree, with a heavy focus on research and communication
- An eye for design and visual communication
- The ability to take and give critical feedback without emotion
- Strong leadership skills
Oh, and you’re a good writer.
There’s more to it than all this stuff, but that’s a start. To discuss how to make this role wicked for you and for us, apply.
WANT TO WORK REMOTELY?
Because this role is so hands-on and at the heart of all we do, we will only consider this as a remote role for the perfect candidate with successful remote-work experience. (References for remote work required.)
We are an inclusive employer.